Holland Scholarship - Bachelor
Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science and Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. The scholarship is meant for excellent non-EEA (EEA consists of the EU countries as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) students of English-taught degree programmes in Holland.
Below you will find the rules and regulations as applicable to the students of Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences (ESSB).
- You are a national of a non-EEA country (not holding an extra EEA nationality) and hence you have to pay the institute tuition fee;
- You have never before studied at an educational institution in the Netherlands;
- You are or will be accepted for one of the bachelor programmes of ESSB;
- You are considered an excellent applicant, as apparent from your motivation and grade point average at the moment of application (demonstrated through your academic record for the bachelor studies). The rule of the thumb is that the average grade should be the equivalent to the Dutch grade of 8.0 on the Dutch grading scale of 1 to 10.
Scholarship amount and payment
The scholarship amounts to € 5.000. You will receive it in the first year of your studies.
The scholarship will only be rewarded if you start studies in the same programme for which you have applied, have been granted admission and awarded the scholarship.
The application consists of a motivation letter (one page maximum) where the candidate answers two questions:
- Why do you need the scholarship?
- Why should you be considered an excellent applicant?
The answer to the latter question can, but does not have to, include grades.
The application for the scholarship must:
- be submitted before April 30 and after your application for a degree programme of ESSB has been deemed complete and taken into assessment;
- be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (Psychology students) or email@example.com (MISOC students), the email subject (and the motivation letter) should contain:
- the word combination "Holland Scholarship";
- student number;
- name of degree programme you are applying for.
All applicants will be informed about the decision before June 1. Instruction on further steps accepting the scholarship will follow.
In case of questions please send an e-email to: