Why study Bachelor Liberal Arts and Sciences
A small-scale, intensive and residential approach to Liberal Arts & Sciences. You will study many areas of academia and specialise through a Major, with the possibility of adding a minor to it.
The Netherlands is home to a number of high-quality University Colleges, and we are often asked for help in understanding the differences. Here’s what we can tell you about how Erasmus University College (EUC) stands out:
- EUC’s active approach to education is called Problem Based Learning; we keep group sizes to about 12 students for tutorials, so you are always intensely involved in your education.
- Our education building is a gorgeously renovated landmark right in the city centre of Rotterdam
- An interdisciplinary bachelor programme offering numerous Majors, spanning from Economics & Business to Humanities to International Relations and more.
- A residential requirement to live together with your fellow first-year students from all over the world; helping build bonds in year one but leaving students independent in years two and three. The housing could not be more central. Opposite the city hall, it is in the heart of dynamic Rotterdam and only a ten-minute-walk from EUC.
- Close cooperation with more than 30 masters programmes at Erasmus University, including a Pre-Med programme, to facilitate the connection upon graduation from EUC’s bachelor programme.
- A unique balance of choice and structure, in which about one third of your courses are Academic Core requirements, one third are major requirements, and the rest is up to you.
- A double degree with the arts. Together with our partners Codarts and Willem de Kooning Academy, we offer our students a chance to get a bachelor degree in performing arts or fine arts next to a bachelor degree in Liberal Arts and Sciences.
Erasmus University Rotterdam
Welcome to the highly-ranked Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR), a research university located in the city of Rotterdam, the Netherlands. EUR offers 13 selective bachelors, and more than 50 top master programmes, taught in English.
Erasmus University traces its origins back to 1913 as an institute known for its leading economists. Since then, the university has become internationally recognised for its distinct social orientation in education and research. Our 26,000+ students come from more than 100 countries around the world.
Erasmus University Rotterdam. Make it happen.