Request and borrow
The University library collection is distributed over several locations, including the University Library on Woudestein campus and the library of the International Institute of Social Studies (ISS) in The Hague.
Borrow or consult
- You can borrow books with an EUR student card or library card
- The loan period of books is four weeks (except for some ISS Library materials*).
- You may take and consult books from the shelves in the study areas or borrow these through the self-checkout machine.
- It is possible to consult and borrow books if you are not staff or a student at the EUR. Read the overview of possibilities.
- Consult sEURch to find the location of a certain publication.
- Publications are ordered by subject in the study areas of the University Library. These are located in East 0 en East +1.
- Publications are ordered by call number in the study areas of the ISS Library.
Request and collect
If you chose University Library – Self Service UB-RLK as your pick-up location in sEURch, your book will be available on the pick-up shelf near the self-checkout machine of the University Library in West 0. If you chose ISS The Hague – Self Service ISS as your pick-up location in sEURch, your book will be available on the pick-up carousel near the Library Services Desk.
- You will receive and email when your book is available for collection.
- Take the book from the pick-up shelf/carousel and check it out yourself.
- Requested books remain on the shelves for seven days.
- EUR-staff/students can borrow up to fifty books. Other patrons can borrow up to ten books.
- Check the opening times before collecting your books.
- It is only possible to have University Library books delivered by PostNL or internal post for € 2.75. Use the online form to ask for details.
At the University Library the following delivery times apply:
- Books requested before 9:00 can be collected by 13:00.
- Books requested before 13:00 can be collected by 16:00.
- Books requested on Fridays after 14:00 or at the weekend and on bank holidays can be collected the next working day (at the latest at 13:00).
Borrowing from other EUR-libraries
Do you want to consult or borrow publications from the Rotterdamsch Leeskabinet, the Sanders Law Library or the Erasmus University College? Find these through sEURch. You can find the loan conditions on the websites of the libraries in question.
Viewing special collections
Read more about viewing publications from the special collections of the University Library.
Borrowing from another library
If our library does not have a book or journal article, you may borrow it from another library through Interlibrary Loan (ILL). Read more.
* View the loan periods of these materials on the ISS Library website