Are you a student who is looking for extra challenges outside of your own programme? Then the honours programmes of the EUR offer you an excellent opportunity to develop your talents. If your grades in the first year are far above average and if you can demonstrate your motivation, you can apply for one of the honours programmes of our university. This can be a programme for the best students of your school or bachelor. You can also apply for the interdisciplinary Erasmus Honours Programme, in which you will work with students from different schools in finding solutions for societal and scientific issues that demand a multidisciplinary approach.
Erasmus Honours Programme 2019
The Erasmus Honours Programme starts in January 2019. Students who are eligible will receive an invitation for the information session in October 2018. Invitations will be send in the first week of October 2018 for those students that meet the participation criteria listed below.
An information session will be held Tuesday 16 October 2018, 16:00 – 17:30 hours (welcome from 15:30 hours) in Siena (Tinbergen Building). Erasmus Honours alumni and lecturers are pleased to answer all your questions and tell you about their own experiences.
In case you have not received a letter of invitation, but your scores do meet the selection criteria, we kindly welcome you to attend the information session and invite you to apply for the Erasmus Honours Programme 2019.
You can be a candidate for a place in the 2019 Erasmus Honours Programme if you meet the following requirements.
- You have completed the first 2017 – 2018 bachelor year within one year (latest by late September 2018);
- You have achieved an average score of at least 7.5;
- Provide an overview of the subjects that you have attended and completed to date with the final scores. Ensure that all documents (letter, CV, score list and reference form) are uploaded at this website.
Additionally, a strong motivation to broaden your horizon and explore the borders of science with students of other study programmes is important. You are happy to commit to an additional challenge in subject matter in combination with your regular bachelor study.
These are the steps you must take to register for the Erasmus Honours Programme.
- Write a letter (between 500-750 words) explaining your motivation to participate in the English Erasmus Honours Programme 2019 and add a summary curriculum.
- Download the reference form and ask your employer, teacher, colleague or someone else to complete it.
- Ensure that all documents (letter, CV and reference form) are uploaded at this website the latest by Thursday, 1 November 2018, 09:00h AM.
- We kindly request you to submit all documents in one PDF file. Only applications where all documents are uploaded (letter, CV and reference form) will be considered.
- Provide an overview of the subjects that you have attended and completed to date with the final scores.
- A committee with the rector magnificus in charge selects a number of students based on this information. At its discretion, students may be invited to an interview.
- At the beginning of December 2018 you will hear if you are selected. The final group consists of up to 25 students per programme. No correspondence is possible about the outcome of the selection
Address for application letter
Erasmus University Rotterdam
FAO prof.dr.R.Engels - rector magnificus
c/o Erasmus Academie
PO Box 1738
3000 DR Rotterdam
Application address: www.erasmusacademie.nl/EHP2019