Are you a student who is looking for extra challenges outside of your own programme? Then the honours programmes of the EUR offer you an excellent opportunity to develop your talents. If your grades in the first year are far above average and if you can demonstrate your motivation, you can apply for one of the honours programmes of our university. This can be a programme for the best students of your school or bachelor. You can also apply for the interdisciplinary Erasmus Honours Programme, in which you will work with students from different schools in finding solutions for societal and scientific issues that demand a multidisciplinary approach.
The Erasmus Honours Programme started in January 2018. Students who were eligible have received an invitation for the information session in October 2017. Are you interested in participating in the Erasmus Honours Programme 2019? Invitations will be send in September 2019 for those students that meet the participation criteria listed below.
You can be a candidate for a place in the 2018 Erasmus Honours Programme if you meet the following requirements.
- have completed the first 2016 – 2017 bachelor year within one year (latest by late September 2017)
- if you achieved an average score of at least 7.5.
Students from Erasmus University College can be a candidate for a place in the 2018 Erasmus Honours Programme if they:
- have completed the first 2016 – 2017 bachelor year within one year (latest by late September 2017);
- achieved an average score of at least B+.
Additionally, a strong motivation to broaden your horizon and explore the borders of science with students of other study programmes is important. You are happy to commit to an additional challenge in subject matter in combination with your regular bachelor study.
These are the steps you must take to register for the Erasmus Honours Programme.
- Write a letter (between 500-750 words) explaining your motivation to participate in the English Erasmus Honours Programme 2018 and add a summary curriculum. Download the reference form here and ask your employer, teacher, colleague or someone else to complete it.
- Provide an overview of the subjects that you have attended and completed to date with the final scores.
- Ensure that all documents (letter, CV, score list and reference form) are submitted in digital form latest by Monday, 30 October 2017, 09:00h to Erasmus Academie (firstname.lastname@example.org). We kindly request you to submit all documents in one PDF file. Only applications where all documents are attached (letter, CV, score list and reference form) will be considered.
- A committee with the rector magnificus in charge selects a number of students based on this information. At its discretion, students may be invited to an interview.
- At the beginning of December 2017 you will hear if you are selected. The final group consists of up to 25 students. No correspondence is possible about the outcome of the selection
Address for application letter
Erasmus University Rotterdam
FAO prof.dr. H.A.P. Pols - rector magnificus
c/o Erasmus Academie
PO Box 1738
3000 DR Rotterdam
Application to be sent by email to: email@example.com
Address for questions
T: +31(0)10-408 2126