From registering, progress monitoring up to and including the PhD defence procedure, all these processes run through Hora Finita. The application offers guidance in completing and fulfilling all mandatory aspects in the PhD track. You’ll be notified by Hora Finita when you need to take action.
Who works with Hora Finita?
The PhD candidate, the (co)supervisors, the dean, the administrative secretariat, Graduate Schools Officers and the Beadle Office each have a specific role in Hora Finita.
Important to know
- You can only log in to Hora Finita with your staff login.
The role of the Dean in Hora Finita
- Assessment of the PhD candidate’s registration: After the registration assessment by the Beadle’s Office, you as a dean will be required to assess the PhD candidate’s registration.
- Change in supervision: When there has been a change in supervision, this is signalled by Hora Finita and the Beadle's Office and you will have to assess the change. You will receive an email about this with a link to the correct review screen after login.
- Assessment of the proposal of the Assessment Committee: After the Beadle’s Office has approved the composition of the small assessment committee, you will receive a request by email to assess the composition.
- Assessment of the proposal of the Doctorate Subcommittee: After the Beadle’s Office has approved the composition of the Doctorate Committee, you will receive an email request to assess the composition.
- Assessment of the proposed referees (cum laude procedure): After the Beadle's Office has approved the two referees proposed by the supervisor, you will receive an email request to assess the proposed referees.