The Erasmus University Rotterdam is founded on February 1st 1973 and is known for her international orientation, expressed in many contacts, exchange programs and research co operations with universities abroad.
Education is not the only task of a university, though it is the one you will probably encounter the most as a first year student. All studies are divided across these faculties:
- Erasmus School of Economics (ESE)
- Erasmus School of Law (ESL)
- Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication (ESHCC)
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management (ESHPM)
- Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences (ESSB)
- Erasmus University College (EUC)
- Faculty of Philosophy (FW)
- International Institute of Social Studies (ISS)
- Erasmus Medical Centre (Erasmus MC)
- Rotterdam School of Management (RSM)
Education and scientific research are the core tasks of the university. The education you will receive is based on that research, conducted both in Rotterdam and elsewhere. Some studies even educate you to become a scientific researcher yourself. So the focus definitely isn’t just on the Netherlands, but it’s international.
This is also shown in the educational programs: a number of studies are in English, a lot of international students follow one of these studies. Besides that, there are many possibilities for studying abroad at a foreign university for a part of your study.
Of course, you can take a look for yourself at www.eur.nl.
The study associations are linked to a specific study. As a member of a study association you can experience a lot of benefits like discounts on your books, study trips and fun parties for you and your friends. Study associations are managed by senior students, you can support them by taking place in a commission. This is also helpful to get some management experience.