Do you know an initiative that has made an extraordinary contribution to the position of female talent within the EUR or Erasmus MC? Nominate it for the FAME Athena Award!
Erasmus University Rotterdam and FAME (Female Academics Moving toward Equity) strive for equal representation of female talent. With the Athena Award, FAME aims to celebrate staff members and students who stimulate female talent within the academic environment and are a true example for others.
For the prize year 2021, an initiative will obtain an award instead. Consequently, all staff and students of the EUR and Erasmus MC working as part of the initiative are eligible to be nominated (inc. women, men, support staff and academic staff).
The FAME Athena prize is presented by the Rector Magnificus during the Dies Natalis, with the 2021 presentation on Monday 8th November, 2021. The prize is an original painting by Sofja Wolsky and a certificate signed by the Rector Magnificus and the president of FAME recognising their extraordinary contributions.
The following criteria are used to judge the initiative for the FAME Athena Award:
- Contributing substantially to the empowerment of women within the EUR.
- Acting as ambassadors towards the acknowledgement of talented women. In doing so, they act as an example for their colleagues.
- Creating an inclusive culture where diverse talent is stimulated and valued.
All initiatives within the EUR can be nominated for the FAME Athena Award. Nominations can be submitted from mid-July to mid-September. Nominations must be well substantiated and can be submitted to the secretary of the jury panel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations should include the following:
- Name(s) of the candidate(s) within the initiative
- Position(s) of the candidate(s)
- Motivation (including examples) on why the initiative has been nominated (based on the criteria stated above)
The Executive board and board members of FAME cannot be nominated for this award.
The panel will carefully assess all nominations and will decide on the winner of the award. The panel consists of 7 members:
- The president of FAME
- The Rector Magnificus
- A board member of FAME
- A student of the Erasmus University Rotterdam
- An alumna of the Erasmus University Rotterdam
- A professor or dean of the Erasmus MC
- A member independent of the University
Members of the panel are not allowed to discuss the decision making with third parties.
In case of a nomination of a panel member, the selection procedure will take place as follows: the concerned panel member will temporarily leave the meeting while their nomination is being discussed.
The Rector Magnificus will announce the winner of the Athena Award during the Dies Natalis of the EUR. The prize is an original painting by Sofja Wolsky and a certificate signed by the Rector Magnificus and the president of FAME.
- Prof. L.H.J. Noordegraaf-Eelens – Chair FAME (Erasmus School of Philosophy)
- Prof. K.I.M. Rohde (Erasmus School of Economics)
- Dr. T.M. Bago d’Uva (Erasmus School of Economics)
- Dr Dorothy Grandia (Rotterdam School of Management)
- Dr. W. Tieman (Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences)
- Dr. F. Violi (Erasmus School of Law)
- Dr. Gabi Helfert (Rotterdam School of Management)
How can I nominate people and initiatives?
You can nominate the initiative with all members included through the webform at MyEUR until Friday 10th September 2021!* The criteria and guidelines regarding the nomination of an initiative can be found in the regulations.
The FAME Board and the Executive Board, Erasmus University Rotterdam