The Research Prize is awarded to a promising researcher at Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR) who has performed exceptional research and is just embarking on a research career (having obtained a doctorate within the last three years).
What can you win?
The prize consists of a monetary sum of € 7,000 plus a certificate of appreciation (signed by both the Rector Magnificus and the chairman of the Erasmus Trustfonds). The award ceremony will take place at the opening of the new Academic Year.
Candidates for the Research Prize can be nominated to the Executive Board by the permanent committee for scientific practice and by the research schools and research institutes. Candidates for the Research prize are assessed based on the following criteria:
- curriculum vitae;
- the candidate’s contribution to the visibility of the EUR;
- the candidate’s innovative approach to research;
- the degree to which the candidate’s innovative ideas are applicable and useful for other research areas;
- the degree to which the candidate’s innovative ideas leverage impact in society at large.
Nominations must be done by sending one PDF-file per candidate to email@example.com
The deadline to do so is Monday, the 17th of May 2021.
The jury consists of five members:
- Rector Magnificus (chairman);
- three professors;
- last year's winner of the Research Prize.