Student Societal Impact Award
The Student Societal Impact Award will be presented to a student, or group of students, who has or have demonstrated to take action and shown leadership leading towards positive societal impact within the academic year 2020-2021.
What can you win?
The Student Societal Impact Award has a monetary value of € 4,500 plus a certificate of appreciation (signed by both the Rector Magnificus and the chairman of the Erasmus Trustfonds). The money prize is to be spent on further development of the project that contributes to positive societal impact. The award ceremony will take place at the opening of the new Academic Year.
Students who wish to compete for the prize can make themselves known through their faculty. A nominated student, or group of students, will be submitted by the dean. The submission should contain the following information:
- a letter of recommendation of the dean (or deans);
- a curriculum vitae;
- a summary of the project;
- a motivation letter from the candidate(s), explaining the following:
- a motivation for the choice of the project and how it contributes towards creating positive societal impact for a bigger audience;
- an explanation of how the project is initiated (and executed) so far, including the involvement of stakeholders;
- examples of demonstrable results that have been achieved or are planned to be achieved in the future (for example organized activities that represent societal relevance);
- a motivation for the designation of the prize money.
Nominations must be done by sending one PDF-file per candidate to email@example.com
The deadline to do so is Monday, the 17th of May 2021.
The jury consists of six members:
- Rector Magnificus (chairman);
- three professors;
- two students of the University Council.