Annually, researchers of Erasmus University Rotterdam are eligible for one of the prizes and distinctions of the Executive Board. With these prizes and distinctions, the loyalty and talents of our students and employees are recognized and rewarded. Also, the university offers fellowships to promising young scholars.
Rotterdam Thesis Award
Together with the municipality of Rotterdam, Erasmus University Rotterdam has founded the Rotterdam Thesis Award. With this award, both parties want to stimulate students of the university to actively contribute to the city of Rotterdam. Students are invited to use their expertise, skills, creativity and enthusiasm to think along about societal issues in the city. These student contributions are of great importance to Rotterdam.
Student Societal Impact Award
The Student Societal Impact Award is presented annually to a student, or group of students, who has or have taken an action and have shown leadership in order to create positive societal impact. The Student Societal Impact Award is created to support our students to become game-changers and embrace societal responsibility.
The Sustainability Award is awarded to an existing or new initiative of groups or individuals: students, staff, alumni, student associations or start-ups. The initiative shall be implemented at Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR). We invite the EUR community to nominate candidates suitable for this award.
The EUR Fellowships serve as an encouragement for talented researchers at Erasmus University Rotterdam. With a EUR fellowship, they can continue their research and are stimulated to continue their scientific career. Below is an overview of the scientists who won a EUR Fellowship in 2019:
- Dr. D.L.C. (Debbie) van den Berg, Erasmus MC
- Dr. C.B. (Constanze) Binder, Erasmus School of Philosophy
- Dr. A. (Arnab) Ray Chaudhuri, Erasmus MC
- Dr. Alexander Genevsky, Rotterdam School of Management
- Dr. I. Lansdorp-Vogelaar, Erasmus MC
- Dr. M.F. (Marcel) Jonker, Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management
- Dr. M. (Menelaos) Markakis, Erasmus School of Law
- Dr. M. (Marieke) Meeuwisse, Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Dr. D.A.J. (Debby) van Riel, Erasmus MC
- Dr. B. (Bob) Roozenbeek, Erasmus MC
Erasmus MC Fellowships
Erasmus University Rotterdam annually offers fellowships to young researchers of Erasmus MC, who have obtained their doctorates. The fellowship should enable them to conduct their research. These fellowships continue for a maximum period of two years. Below is an overview of the scientists who won an Erasmus MC Fellowship in 2019:
- Dr. C.H. (Corine) Geurts van Kessel (Viroscience)
- Dr. L. (Lieke) Kros (Neuroscience)
- Dr. J. (Julie) Nonnekens (Molecular Genetics, Radiology & Nuclear Medicine)
- Dr. Ling Oei (Internal Medicine
Wall of the Future
Winners of the Research Prize, Education Prize, Lambers Student Excellence Award, Student Societal Impact Award and Sustainability Award will be honoured on the 'Wall of the Future' in Erasmus Building.