The Education Prize is awarded to a member of the academic staff or an educational team that has made a positive contribution, through teaching or teaching-related activities, to the education at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
The prize confers a monetary sum of € 7,000 as well as a certificate of appreciation. This certificate is signed by both the Rector Magnificus and the chairman of the Erasmus Trustfonds. The prize winner is free to decide how she or he wishes to spend the money.
Candidates for the Education Prize may be nominated by programme committees, as well as by faculty and student associations. The candidates will be assessed on the following criteria:
- curriculum vitae, if it concerns a single candidate (the candidate will preferably have obtained a doctorate);
- the contribution of the educational performance to the visibility of the EUR;
- the innovative approach to teaching;
- the degree to which the innovative ideas are applicable and useful for other study programmes;
- the degree to which the innovative ideas leverage future-oriented education as part of the EUR Strategy 2024 (e.g. societal impact, personal and professional development, inclusiveness, educational innovation).
All nominations should be addressed to the Executive Board and submitted digitally as a single pdf to email@example.com. The deadline for submission is Monday 15 May 2023 12h (noon).
The jury consists of six members:
- Rector Magnificus (chairman);
- two professors;
- last year's winner of the Education Prize;
- two students of the University Council.
2022: dr. Marloes Nederhand
2021: dr. Ana Uribe Sandoval
2020: all EUR teachers
2019: prof.dr. Han Smit
2018: prof.dr. Maarten Frens
2017: prof.dr. Payal Arora
2016: dr. Christiaan Heij
2015: dr. Mijke Slot
2014: prof.mr.dr. Ruben Houweling
2013: prof.dr. Guus Smeets
2012: prof.dr. Axel Themmen
2011: prof.dr. Casper de Vries