The Education Prize is awarded to an individual member of the academic staff who, through teaching or teaching-related activities, has made a positive contribution to education at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
What can you win?
The prize consists of a monetary sum of € 7,000 plus a certificate of appreciation (signed by both the Rector Magnificus and the chairman of the Erasmus Trustfonds). The award ceremony will take place at the opening of the new Academic Year.
Candidates for the Education Prize may be nominated by programme committees, as well as by faculty and student associations. The candidates will be assessed on the following criteria:
- curriculum vitae (the candidate will preferably have obtained a doctorate);
- the candidate’s contribution to the visibility of the EUR;
- the candidate’s innovative approach to teaching;
- the degree to which the candidate’s innovative ideas are applicable and useful for other study programmes;
- the degree to which the candidate’s innovative ideas leverage future-oriented education as part of the EUR Strategy 2024 (e.g. societal impact, internationalisation, diversity, educational innovation, and digitalisation).
Nominations must be done by sending one PDF-file per candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to do so is Monday, the 17th of May 2021.
The jury consists of six members:
- Rector Magnificus (chairman);
- two professors;
- last year's winner of the Education Prize;
- two students of the University Council.