Students with a HBO diploma - Pre-master requirements
On this page you can find all the information you need to apply for one of our pre-master programmes at Erasmus School of Economics for students with a Dutch HBO diploma.
- A pre-master programme closes the gap between your HBO degree and a master's degree programme of a research university. During the pre-master programme you will strengthen and deepen your knowledge.
- A pre-master programme has a duration of one academic year. The master programmes of Erasmus School of Economics take one (full time) year. All programmes start in September.
- A pre-master programme must be completed within two years in order to be admissible to the subsequent master's degree programme
Relevant HBO diploma
Click here to see if your HBO diploma makes you eligible for admission.
Proof of sufficient mathematics
Applicants need to show proof of sufficient mathematics. A minimum score of 7.5 for Wiskunde A or B (previously A1,2; B1; B1,2) at VWO level is required. Click here for more information.
Sufficient Grade Point Average
To be admissible to any of our pre-master programmes students need to have a 7.5 GPA. In this grade point average all courses of the 4 year HBO bachelor programme that are awarded with a grade must be taken into account. Exemptions are not taken into account calculating the GPA.
Registration in Studielink
Every student who wants to apply for a programme at the Erasmus School of Economics has to register in Studielink.
Click here for more information about how to register correctly in Studielink. Please make sure you have a registration in studielink before continuing with the rest of the application procedure.
Upload required application documents
After a successful registration in Studielink you will receive an email to the EUR Admissions Portal where you can upload the following required documents:
- Copy of bachelor diploma (if obtained)
- Copy of bachelor grade list
- List of yet to be obtained courses
- Copy of passport or ID
- Proof of sufficient mathematics
- Official statement GPA
If the application was done successfully you will receive a copy of the submitted application in your personal mailbox. Later on in the application process you may be asked to upload a certified copy of your diploma/graduation statement and your final grade list in the Certified Documents Portal.
- Applicants need to check the spam folder in their e-mail inbox to ensure they do not miss out on any important messages from the university. Mails that arrive in the spam folder should be marked as ‘trusted’ to avoid future communication problems.
- Applicants who use a @qq.com email address are requested to use a different email address for their application and future communication with the university because of compatibility problems.
Please have a look on the frequently asked questions page before getting in touch.
Applications for the pre-master programmes for the academic year 2019-2020 are closed. Applications for the pre-master programmes for the academic year 2020-2021 will open on 1 January 2020.