Immigration procedure

If you are an international student coming from outside the EU/EEA and you will be studying at Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR) for more than 90 days you will need to apply for an entry visa and/or a Dutch residence permit. Check the Study in Holland student visa wizard to find out if you need an entry visa and/or a residence permit. If your case is regular you will need:

As soon as we issue a letter of admission we forward your data to the Immigration Desk of Erasmus University Rotterdam and they contact you with further instructions – starting from the mid-May, depending when you applied. Normally they expect that you send in your immigration-related application NO LATER THAN June 15, so be sure to observe this deadline and seek contact with them if you have not heard anything until the first week of June. It would be a shame if you did not come to study here because of a delayed visa application!

If it happens so that an irregular or special type of immigration procedure applies in your case, you will need another type of permit. For example:

More information?

Read more about immigration procedures here.