Online social networks such as Instagram, TikTok and Snapchat offer unprecedented technological possibilities to promote a healthy lifestyle among young people. For example, through influencers in their network.
SocialMovez investigates how health campaigns for young people can be spread more effectively through peer influencers in online social networks. Using innovative technologies in the field of data analysis, our researchers demonstrate that you can optimise online (health) campaigns without compromising the privacy of young people.
- Kristen Bevelander (Radboud UMC)
- William Burk (Radboud University)
- Michel Klein (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam)
- Christian Steglich (University of Groningen)
- Rebecca de Leeuw (Radboud University)
- Tyler Prochnow (Baylor University)
- Ruth Hunter (Queen’s University Belfast)
- Simon Sebire (University of Bristol)
- Dutch Young Consumers Network
This project line is funded by the NWO-VICI (2019) grant and, previously, an ERC Consolidator (2014-2019) grant, both awarded to Moniek Buijzen.