The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science and the universities in the Netherlands ('Holland'). The scholarship is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA, meaning the EU countries plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) who want to do their bachelor’s or master’s in Holland.
The scholarship amounts to € 5,000.
- Your (only) nationality is non-EEA and therefore you need to pay the non-EEA tuition fee;
- You are applying for the bachelor’s programme Liberal Arts & Sciences at Erasmus University College;
- You have never before studied at a university in the Netherlands;
- You have achieved excellent study results in your secondary education. This means a final grade point average of at least grade 8.0 (or the 80%-equivalent of the top score) during your prior education.
The scholarship will only be rewarded when you start with the same programme for which you have applied and for which you have received admission.
How to apply
Students who have applied for Erasmus University College and who meet the application criteria can apply for the scholarship between 1 November 2017 and 1 May 2018.
The deadline for applications is 1 May 2018
- Holland Scholarship application form
- Proof of Excellence – a certified copy of a secondary school grade list
- Letter of motivation
Students will be notified of the Scholarship Committee's decision before 1 June 2018.
Amount and payment
The scholarship will be paid to the student in their first year of studies, more specifically in March.