Rotterdam Talent Scholarship
Current facets (Pre-Master)
Highly qualified, Dutch students with a clear financial need who live in Rotterdam or attend secondary school in Rotterdam are eligible to apply for the Erasmus University College (EUC) Rotterdam Talent Scholarship. The EUC Rotterdam Talent Scholarship is awarded for the duration of the bachelor programme, with a maximum of three years. Only newly admitted students of EUC can apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship applicants need to make a strong case to be considered for this scholarship. Applicants will be asked for additional documentation to support their request for financial assistance. Students are expected to make optimal use of the financial support available from the Dutch state (supplementary grant, or ‘aanvullende beurs’) if they want to be considered for this scholarship.
The combination of a supplementary grant by the Dutch state and the maximum amount for this scholarship is tailored to fully cover the tuition fee, housing costs (approximately €615 per month) and expenses for books and study materials.
- You live within the municipality of Rotterdam or you completed or are completing your secondary education within the municipality of Rotterdam;
- You are applying for the bachelor programme Liberal Arts & Sciences at EUC;
- You lack the financial means to pay for a study at EUC.
Students who have applied for Erasmus University College and who meet the application criteria can apply for the ROTAS scholarship from the moment they have been accepted to EUC but no later than 16 June 2018.
How to Apply
You can apply for a Erasmus University College - Rotterdam Talent Scholarship by taking the following steps:
Complete your application for Erasmus University College by following the regular procedure.
- Indicate your need for financial assistance and interest in the scholarship by completing the application form and send it to the Scholarship Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Following your admission to Erasmus University College, you will be asked to provide documentation to substantiate your need for financial assistance.
- Students who are considered eligible for the scholarship will be invited for an interview with a selection committee.
The Scholarship Committee will communicate the final decision about the scholarship to the applicant.
Students who receive a scholarship are at all times expected to inform the Scholarship Committee about substantial improvements of their financial situation. Scholarships can then be decreased in value or withdrawn and spent on other students in need.