Explore the fundamentals of financial reporting, financial statements, and financial value concepts. Having a good understanding about these finance topics…
Belangrijkste Feiten & Cijfers
- 3 dagen
woensdag 20 apr 2022Tijdsduur: 3 dagen
Corporate communication professionals are regularly challenged to communicate about controversial financial topics which can evoke anger, confusion or fear among stakeholder groups. Having a good understanding about the context in which these financial topics develop, will help you to be part of the business.
This three-day masterclass will make you a ‘financial literate’. This masterclass will cover the fundamentals of financial reporting, clarify the core components of financial statements, and address the importance of financial value concepts. After the course, you will be able to add value by integrating corporate communications with stakeholders in finance departments and industries.
In this three-day programme, you will:
- define the scope and objectives of corporate communication in relation to financial information
- identify relevant stakeholders and their goals and worries
- define ‘crisis’ and ‘crisis management’, especially in a financial context
- understand and interpret the financial statements of corporations, for example balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements
- calculate and interpret the most important financial ratios
- learn and apply the concept of ‘time value of money’(TVM)
- learn how to calculate and apply the net present value method (NPV) correctly, and understand the impact of the main input parameters
- understand and calculate the appropriate discount rate to be used in an NPV calculation
- apply the capital asset pricing model (CAPM)
- be able to explain the basics of portfolio theory.
Who should attend?
The masterclass is designed for experienced professionals in corporate communication, public affairs, general management, and consultancy.
This executive-level masterclass offers professionals a highly flexible learning experience that fosters leadership, strategic thinking and corporate responsibility.
Feiten & Cijfers
- Niet van toepassing
- woensdag 20 apr 2022
- 3 dagen
- Aangeboden door
- Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University
- Media en communicatie
- Externe link
- Read more about this programme
This is a programme of Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University. For more information about the programme, contact programme manager Susanna Marco: RSM.NL/FCP