Students from Erasmus School of Economics - (pre-)master requirements
On this page you can find all the information regarding the requirements to successfully apply to one of our master or pre-master programmes. In the table below you can see which (pre-)master programmes are accessible with your bachelor diploma. A finished bachelor or pre-master programme is required in order to be admissible to a (pre-)master programme.
Important information for non-EU students
Students with a non-European passport, who will require a Dutch residence permit and currently do not have a valid Dutch study permit, should already contact email@example.com during the month of May and not wait until 1st June with submitting the application. This because you will have to apply for a new Dutch entry visa and/or residence permit, for which the deadline at the Dutch Immigration Services is 15thJune! In other words; non-European students who have graduated from an ESE-bachelor programme and decided to take a gap year before now applying to a (pre)-master programme, please inform us of your study plans during the month of May on the above mentioned email address.
The application period runs from 1 June till 1 August.
Important information Data Science & Marketing Analytics
The specialisation Data Science and Marketing Analytics has a limited number of places. For the academic year 2018-2019 there are 75 places available for applicants with a Bachelor diploma of Erasmus School of Economics.
Places are assigned on a first come, first serve basis. To be considered for this specialisation your application need to be complete.
Each applicant needs to indicate a second preferred master specialisation in the EUR Admissions Portal, belonging to the master degree programme Economics and Business. If placement for the specialisation Data Science and Marketing Analytics is not possible, the Examination Board will review the application for the second preferred specialisation.
An application for Data Science and Marketing Analytics needs to meet the following application requirements:
- Apply via the EUR Admissions Portal before 1 August 2018.
- Application needs to be complete (meaning: you have to have completed all the courses belonging to your programme and your bachelor thesis grade needs to be registered in Osiris).
- Applicants must indicate another preferred specialization in the EUR Admissions Portal.
- Places are assigned on a first come first serve basis. Dutch local time is applicable.
- If you have already started (and/or graduated from) the master degree programme Economics and Business of the Erasmus School of Economics in the current or a previous academic year, you cannot apply for the specialisation Data Science and Marketing Analytics.
To apply you have to complete two steps:
- Register in Studielink
Every student who wants to apply for a programme at the Erasmus School of Economics has to register in Studielink. Click here for more information about how to register correctly in Studielink. Please make sure you have a registration in studielink before continuing with the rest of the application procedure.
- Upload required application documents via the online application form in the EUR Admissions Portal
It may take several days before you receive an email with the link to the EUR Admissions Portal)
From bachelor to (pre-)master
In the matrix below you can see for which (pre-)master programme you can apply with your Erasmus School of Economics bachelor's degree.
|Accounting, Auditing |
|Economics andBusiness Economics||Econometrics|
BSc Economie en Bedrijfseconomie/
|BSc Econometrie en Operationele Research/ |
Econometrics and Operations Research
|BSc² Econometrics/ Economics||Yes||Yes||Yes||Pre-master|
|BSc Fiscale Economie||Yes||Yes||Pre-master*||Yes|
|BSc Economie en Informatica||No||Yes||Pre-master*||Pre-master|
* Only if preparation courses are passed during bachelor's programme. Find more information for IBEB students or Economie en Bedrijfseconomie / Fiscale Economie students.
From pre-master to master
Students who have completed their pre-master programme can apply for the contiguous master's programme.
If you have not finished your thesis before the application deadline of 1 August (or if your grade is not registered before this deadline), but will finish your thesis by 31 August, you can ask your thesis supervisor to write a Thesis Statement.
This statement declares that you will have finished your thesis successfully by 31 August at the latest. Your thesis supervisor can download the Thesis Statement from the website for school staff. You can upload a scan or photo of the thesis statement with your online application.
Request for dispensation
Students who almost meet the requirements can file a request for dispensation. The request for dispensation should contain the following elements:
- The number of credits you have not passed.
- The name(s) of the course(s) you have not passed.
- Your study planning for the upcoming year, including the course(s) you have not passed.
- The reason for not meeting the requirements.
- Your motivation why the Examination Board should grant you admission to the master's programme.
- If you refer to events you will have to include proof of that event. E.g. illness: a note from your doctor.
Application is closed
The application procedure for the academic year 2018-2019 closed on 1 August 2017. Application for the academic year 2018-2019 opens on 1 June 2018.