Required statistical knowledge for Accounting, Auditing and Control
To be successful in the master’s degree programme Accounting, Auditing and Control you are required to have a broad background in accounting, finance and economics. In addition, we also expect you to have a basic knowledge of statistics. Topics you should be familiar with include:
- Variables of chance, probability density function, probability distribution function
- Expectation, variance, standard deviation, skewness
- Normal distributions
- Estimating sample means, statistical significance, confidence intervals
- Testing for differences in sample means
- Univariate and multivariate linear regression model
- Analyzing regression statistics: coefficients, t-statistics, R2
To check whether your knowledge of statistics meets our standards, please take this quiz: https://erasmusuniversity.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bNrSHrwIv9EzJjL.
Please note: The outcome of this quiz does not affect or increase your chances of admission. It is only meant as an indication whether you have the required statistical knowledge which is a prerequisite for this master degree programme. No rights can be derived from the outcome of this quiz.