The Health Economics group is part of the Department of Applied Economics at Erasmus University and the Labor, Health, Education and Development Group at Tinbergen Institute.
- 12 April 2018 – Maarten Voors (Wageningen University) – 11:00-12:00 – room H12-30
- 17 May 2018 – Titus Galama (University of South California/Erasmus School of Economics) – 12:00-13:00 – room H09-02
- 31 May 2018 – Elisabeth Huynh (Sydney) – 12:00 - 13:00 – room J-55
- 7 June – Aki Tsuchiya (Sheffield University) – 12:00 - 13:00 – room H12-30
- 21 June 2018 – Christian Waibel (ETH Zurich)/ Daniel Wiesen (Cologne) – 12:00 - 13:00 – room H12-30
- PhD defence of Kim van Wilgenburg on 26 April 2018
- Applications open to summer school on Economics of Health Inequality in June 2018
Recent and forthcoming publications
- Bago d'Uva, T., O'Donnell, O. and Van Doorslaer, E. (forthcoming). Who Can Predict Their Own Demise? Heterogeneity in the Accuracy and Value of Longevity Expectations. The Journal of the Economics of Ageing.
- French, E.B. et al. (2017). End-Of-Life Medical Spending In Last Twelve Months Of Life Is Lower Than Previously Reported. Health Affairs 36, no.7 (2017):1211-1217.
- Hsieh, C.S. and H. van Kippersluis (2017). Smoking Initiation: Peers and Personality, Quantitative Economics, forthcoming.
- Koc, H. and H. van Kippersluis (2017). Thought for Food: Understanding Educational Disparities in Diet. Journal of Human Capital, forthcoming.
- Palali, A. and J.C. van Ours, Love conquers all but nicotine; spousal peer effects on the decision to quit smoking, Health Economics, forthcoming.
- Ravesteijn, B., H. van Kippersluis, and E. van Doorslaer (2017). The Wear and Tear on Health: What is the Role of Occupation? Health Economics, forthcoming.
- Van Kippersluis, H. and C.A. Rietveld (2017). Pleiotropy-robust Mendelian Randomization. International Journal of Epidemiology forthcoming.