L-EARN for Impact Scholarship 2020-2021
- Your nationality is one of the list of the Developing Countries of the World Bank.
- You are an excellent student according to the faculty’s standard. The average grade should be the equivalent to the Dutch grade of 8.0 on the Dutch grading scale of 1 to 10.
- You have recent relevant work experience after earning a Bachelor’s degree.
- You are applying for a full-time master at Erasmus University Rotterdam
Please note: admission for this scholarships opens on 15 November 2019 and is only possible if you have started the application process for a master programme at EUR.
Developing Country according to the list of the World Bank.
Scholarship / Grant amount
Between € 10.000 and € 22.000 (including statutory fee).
Students who have to pay the institutional tuition fee will receive an additional fee waiver of their faculty.
The scholarship (max € 22.000) is open to individuals from developing countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts applying to a Master’s degree programme. After the completion of the master programme the awardee commit to return to their home country to use their new skills and contribute to their countries' social and economic development.
Admission for this scholarships opens on 15 November 2019.
The application consists of a motivation letter (one page maximum) where the candidate answers three questions:
- Why do you need the scholarship?
- Why should you be considered an excellent candidate?
- What’s your recent relevant work experience after earning a Bachelor’s degree?
The application for the scholarship must:
- be submitted before March 15 and after your application for a degree programme of ESSB has been deemed complete and taken into assessment;
- be emailed to email@example.com, the email subject (and the motivation letter) containing
- the word combination "Impact Scholarship";
- student number;
- name of degree programme you are applying for.
- In the application letter please add the following information as a header. Your application will not be considered if this information is not filled out:
- First name (as in passport)
- Last name
- Student number
- Email address
- Country of current residence
- Programme at EUR you have been admitted to
- Your grade point average/ average grade during studies. Please point out what the maximum number of point in the grade scale is.
- Country of former education
- Educational institution(-s) you hold/ are going to obtain degree(-s) from
- Are you applying for Holland Scholarship as well?
- Are you applying for a tuition waiver as well?
- If the above two questions have been answered positively, which one do you have a preference for?
Please be aware that the scholarship can only be granted after being admitted to the Master's programme. In case you have not yet finished your Bachelor's studies, you may get a conditional offer.
All applicants will be informed about the decision before May 1. Instruction on further steps accepting the scholarship will follow.
In case of questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.