Erasmus Trustfonds Scholarship 2021-2022
The Erasmus Trustfonds was founded to support research and education projects, organised by the Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR) specifically. The fund hereby aims to contribute to the growth and flourishing of Erasmus University.
Below you will find the rules and regulations as applicable to the students of Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences (ESSB).
- You are or will be accepted for one of the master programmes of ESSB;
- You will start the master programme on the first of September following the application for the scholarship;
- You have to pay the statutory tuition fee;
- You are considered an excellent applicant, as apparent from your motivation and grade point average at the moment of application (demonstrated through your academic record for the bachelor studies). The rule of the thumb is that the average grade should be the equivalent to the Dutch grade of 8.0 on the Dutch grading scale of 1 to 10;
- You are unable to finance your study yourself.
Scholarship / Grant amount
€15.000 for housing, living costs and statutory fee. The scholarship will be granted for one academic year. If the student fails to graduate in one year, the standard statutory fee will apply for the remaining period of study.
Deadline: 30 April 2021
The application consists of a motivation letter (one page maximum) where the candidate answers two questions:
- Why do you need the Trustfonds Scholarship?
- Why should you be considered an excellent candidate? Include a description of academic excellence and if applicable other merits.
The answer to the latter question can, but does not have to, include grades.
The application for the scholarship must:
- be submitted before April 30, 2021 and after your application for a degree programme of ESSB has been deemed complete and taken into assessment;
- be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, the email subject (and the motivation letter) containing
- the word combination "Erasmus Trustfonds Scholarship";
- student number;
- name of degree programme you are applying for;
- In the application letter please add the following information as a header. Your application will not be considered if this information is not filled out:
- First name (as in passport)
- Last name
- Student number
- Email address
- Country of current residence
- Programme at EUR you have been admitted to
- Your grade point average/ average grade during studies. Please point out what the maximum number of point in the grade scale is.
- Country of former education
- Educational institution(-s) you hold/ are going to obtain degree(-s) from
Please be aware that a scholarship can only be granted after being admitted to the master's programme. In case you have not yet finished your bachelor studies, you may get a conditional offer. This suffices to be eligible for a scholarship.
All applicants will be informed about the decision before June 1. Instruction on further steps accepting the scholarship will follow.
In case of questions please email email@example.com.