The Erasmus Trustfonds was founded to support research and education projects, organised by the Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR) specifically. The fund hereby aims to contribute to the growth and flourishing of Erasmus University.
Below you will find the rules and regulations as applicable to the students of Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences (ESSB).
In order to qualify for financial support under the provision of an Erasmus Trustfonds Scholarship, an applicant:
- Must have registered for one of the master programmes at ESSB in Studielink as well as having submitted the application documents in the EUR Admisson Portal before April 30 in order to be considered for the scholarship.
- Must be enrolled no later than September 1 of the academic year for which the scholarship is being requested.
- Must have achieved excellent study results during his/her previous bachelor programme. This means an average final result of at least grade 8.0 on a Dutch grading scale of 1 to 10.
- Must be able to demonstrate the reason why this scholarship will enlarge his/her opportunity to study at ESSB by including a budget plan, indicating how much money he/she expects to spend each month.
- Must be qualified for the statutory tuition fee.
Scholarship / Grant amount
The student will receive €15.000 for housing, living costs and statutory fee. The scholarship will be granted for one academic year. If the student fails to graduate in one year, the standard statutory fee will apply for the remaining period of study.
In order to apply for the Erasmus Trustfonds Scholarship at ESSB, you need to prepare the following documents:
- Motivation letter (max. 1 A4, in PDF format)
- CV (in PDF format)
- Budget plan (in PDF format)
Please answer the following questions in your motivation letter:
- Why do you need the Trustfonds Scholarship?
- Why should you be considered an excellent candidate? Include a description of academic excellence and if applicable other merits.
The application for the scholarship must:
- be submitted before April 30th;
- be submitted through the EUR Admissions Portal (not through email!). You can submit your motivation letter for Holland Scholarship while applying for a master’s programme through the portal. This is possible from October 1st onwards. Please keep an eye on the application deadline of the master’s programme of your choice
Please be aware that a scholarship can only be granted after being admitted to the master's programme. In case you have not yet finished your bachelor studies, you may get a conditional offer. This suffices to be eligible for a scholarship.
All applicants will be informed about the decision before June 1. Instruction on further steps in regards to accepting the scholarship will follow.
In case of questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.