NL Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science and Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. The scholarship is meant for excellent non-EEA (EEA consists of the EU countries as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) students of English-taught degree programmes in Holland.
Below you will find the rules and regulations as applicable to the students of Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences (ESSB).
In order to qualify for financial support under the provision of a NL Scholarship, an applicant:
- Must be a national of a non-EEA country (not holding an extra EEA nationality).
- Must have never been enrolled before as a full degree student at an educational institution in the Netherlands.
- Must have registered for one of the master programmes at ESSB in Studielink as well as having submitted the application documents in the EUR Admission Portal before April 30 in order to be considered for the scholarship.
- Must be enrolled for the institutional fee from 1 September 2024.
- Must be enrolled no later than September 1 of the academic year for which the scholarship is being requested.
- Must have achieved excellent study results during his/her (previous) bachelor's programme. This means an average (final) result of at least grade 8.0 on a Dutch grading scale of 1 to 10.
Pre-master students are not eligible for this scholarship. These students can receive a NL Scholarship for the master programme that they will choose after finishing their pre-master programme.
The student will receive a sum from €5.000 up to €15.000. You will receive it in the first year of your studies. The scholarship will only be rewarded if you start your studies in the same programme for which you have applied for, have been granted admission and awarded the scholarship.
In order to apply for the NL Scholarship at ESSB, you need to prepare the following documents:
- Motivation letter (max. 1 A4, in PDF format)
Please answer the following questions in your motivation letter:
- Why do you need the NL Scholarship?
- Why should you be considered an excellent candidate? The answer to this question can, but does not have to, include grades.
The application for the scholarship must:
- be submitted before April 30th;
- be submitted through the EUR Admissions Portal (not through email!). You can submit your motivation letter for NL Scholarship while applying for a master’s programme through the portal. This is possible from October 1st onwards. Please keep an eye on the application deadline of the master’s programme of your choice.
Please be aware that a scholarship can only be granted after being admitted to the master's programme. In case you have not yet finished your bachelor studies, you may get a conditional offer. This suffices to be eligible for a scholarship.
All applicants will be informed about the decision before June 1. Instruction on further steps accepting the scholarship will follow.
In case of questions please email email@example.com.