Vidi is a funding instrument in the Innovational Research Incentives Scheme. It allows researchers who have already spent several years doing postdoctoral research to develop their own innovative line of research, and to appoint one or more researchers for this. Many scholars of Erasmus University Rotterdam were able to further their research by obtaining a Vidi grant. They study issues such as fatherhood in the 21th century, racial stereotypes in sports journalism and the role of the enzyme CAMK2 in the development of the brain.
Vidi grants in 2018
Vidi grants of previous years
- Dr Anne Gielen - Social welfare and dependency passed on from parents to children
- Dr Natasja de Groot - ELectrical bIoMarkers guided Individualized Diagnosis And ThErapy of Atrial Fibrillation (ELIMINATE - AF)
- Dr Renske Keizer - Dads, dimes and quarters
- Dr Robin Peeters - Monitoring foetal hormones using the mother's blood
- Dr Judith Rietjens - Advanced canced patients' control over their situation
- Dr Jeroen van der Waal - Dutch culture wars?