Students with a Dutch university diploma - Master requirements
The application period for master and pre-master programmes for the academic year 2019-2020 will open as of 1 January 2019.
On this page you can find all the information about the admission and application requirements for the master programmes of Erasmus School of Economics for students with a Dutch university diploma and HBO+ students with a WO specialisation minor.
Relevant bachelor diploma
To be admissible for one of our master programmes your degree has to be equivalent to the bachelor programmes offered by the Erasmus School of Economics.
There are different target groups who might be admissible to our master programmes. Please consult our Dutch bachelor to ESE master admission matrices.
Sufficient Grade Point Average
Applicants whose previous Dutch education does not indicate direct admission to the MSc Economics and Business might be required to submit proof of a minimum GPA of 7.5 before the application deadline of 1 May 2019. Please consult our Dutch bachelor to ESE master admission matrices to see if you are required to submit a proof of your GPA.
Register in Studielink
Every student who wants to apply for a programme at Erasmus School of Economics has to register in Studielink.
Click here for more information about how to register correctly in Studielink. Please make sure you have a registration in Studielink before continuing with the rest of the application procedure.
Upload required application documents
After a successful registration in Studielink you will receive an email with a link to the EUR Admissions Portal where you can upload the following required documents:
- Copy of bachelor diploma (if obtained)
- Copy of bachelor grade list
- Copy of an additional transcript (e.g. exchange transcript)
- List of yet to be obtained courses (if applicable)
- Copy of passport or ID (only for non-Dutch students)
- Proof of sufficient mathematical background (Only applicable for applicants of the (pre-)Master Econometrics and Management Science)
- GPA statement (only if required according to our admission matrices for the master’s degree programme Economics and Business)
If the application was done successfully you will receive a copy of the submitted application in your personal mailbox. Later on in the application process, you may be asked to upload a certified copy of your diploma/graduation statement and your final grade list in the Certified Documents Portal. WO specialisation minor students from HBO may be asked to upload a certificate of obtaining their WO specialisation minor. Please click here for more information about certified documents.
Application for Data Science and Marketing Analytics
The specialisation Data Science and Marketing Analytics (belonging to the master’s degree programme Economics and Business) has a limited number of places. For the academic year 2019-2020 there are 20 places available for applicants with a Dutch university diploma.
Places are assigned on a first come, first serve basis. To be considered for this specialisation your application need to be complete; only applications that contain all required documents and that are submitted before the 1 May deadline will be reviewed.
Each applicant needs to indicate a second preferred master specialisation in the EUR Admissions Portal, belonging to the MSc in Economics and Business. If placement for the specialisation Data Science and Marketing Analytics is not possible, the Examination Board will review the application for the second preferred specialisation.
An application for Data Science and Marketing Analytics needs to meet the following application requirements:
- Apply via the EUR Admissions Portal before 1 May 2019.
- Application needs to be complete (meaning: all required documents need to be included and need to meet the requirements for admission).
- Applicants must indicate another preferred specialisation in the EUR Admissions Portal.
- Places are assigned on a first come first serve basis. Dutch local time is applicable.
Tuition fees, scholarships and grants
More information on tuition fees, scholarships and grants can be found on our fees and scholarship page.
- Applicants need to check the spam folder in their e-mail inbox to ensure they do not miss out on any important messages from the university.
- Applicants who use a @qq.com email address are requested to use a different email address for their application and future communication with the university because of compatibility problems.
Please have a look on the frequently asked questions page before getting in touch.
Applications for the master programmes for the academic year 2019-2020 will open on 1 January 2019