On this website you can find the application procedure. In order to successfully apply to one of our master programmes please make sure you read the admission requirements carefully prior to your application.
Deadline for application
The application period for applicants with a Dutch university diploma that was not obtained at Erasmus School of Economics is open. The deadline for students to complete their application is 1 May 2023 (this means that the final day to complete the application procedure is 30 April 2023).
Please note: Make sure you have read our requirements website before continuing with your application.
Register in Studielink
Every student who wants to apply for a programme at Erasmus School of Economics has to register in Studielink.
Click here for more information about how to register correctly in Studielink. Please make sure you have a registration in Studielink before continuing with the rest of the application procedure.
Upload required application documents
After a successful registration in Studielink you will receive an email with a link to the EUR Admissions Portal where you can upload the following required documents:
- Copy of bachelor diploma (if obtained)
- Copy of bachelor grade list
- Copy of an additional transcript (e.g. exchange transcript)
- List of yet to be obtained courses (if applicable)
- Copy of passport or ID (only for non-Dutch students)
- Proof of sufficient mathematical background (Only applicable for applicants of the (pre-)Master Econometrics and Management Science)
- GPA statement (only if required according to our admission matrices for the master’s degree programme Economics and Business)
Click here for a more detailed explanation of these documents.
If the application was done successfully you will receive a copy of the submitted application in your personal mailbox. Later on, in the application process, you may be asked to upload a certified copy of your diploma/graduation statement and your final grade list in the Certified Documents Portal. WO specialisation minor students from HBO may be asked to upload a certificate of obtaining their WO specialisation minor. Please click here for more information about certified documents.
Application for Economics of Sustainability
The specialisation Economics of Sustainability (belonging to the master’s degree programme Economics and Business) has a limited number of places. For the academic year 2023-2024, there are 15 places available for applicants with a Dutch university diploma.
Places are assigned on a first come, first serve basis. To be considered for this specialisation your application need to be complete; only applications that contain all required documents and that are submitted before the 1 May 2023 deadline will be reviewed.
Each applicant needs to indicate a second preferred master specialisation in the EUR Admissions Portal, belonging to the MSc in Economics and Business. If placement for the specialisation Economics of Sustainability is not possible, the Examination Board will review the application for the second preferred specialisation. You cannot indicate Economics of Sustainability as a second preferred master specialisation.
An application for Economics of Sustainability needs to meet the following application requirements:
- Apply via the EUR Admissions Portal before 1 May 2023.
- Application needs to be complete (meaning: all required documents need to be included and need to meet the requirements for admission).
- Applicants must indicate another preferred specialisation in the EUR Admissions Portal.
- Places are assigned on a first come first serve basis. Dutch local time is applicable.
The Examination Board reviews each individual application and determines whether the level and content of the bachelor degree are equivalent to that of our bachelor’s degree Economics and Business Economics and whether all admission and application criteria as described on this website are met. Should your previous education not be sufficient for admission to a master’s degree programme the Examination Board will always review your application for possible admittance for a pre-master programme instead.
Within 6 weeks of submitting a complete application you will receive the outcome via email.
Tuition fees, scholarships and grants
More information on tuition fees, scholarships and grants can be found on our fees and scholarship page.
- Applicants need to check the spam folder in their e-mail inbox to ensure they do not miss out on any important messages from the university.
- Applicants who use a @qq.com email address are requested to use a different email address for their application and future communication with the university because of compatibility problems.
Please have a look on the frequently asked questions page before getting in touch.
Applications for the Master programmes for the academic year 2023-2024 are closed. Applications for the academic year 2024-2025 will open on 8 january 2024.