At Erasmus University College (EUC) we highly value academic skills, which we believe will benefit the careers of our graduates. Academic skills are therefore an integral part of our Academic Core programme and will be further built upon during more specialised academic skills courses as students’ progress through their three years at EUC.
In your first year, you will take four mandatory skills courses (5 EC each) as part of your Academic Core:
- Academic Writings & Presenting
- Project Development: Analysing Visual Cultural Representations
- Basic Statistics & Introduction to SPSS
- Research Methods & Design
In your second year, emphasis will be put on research. The availability of data is increasing, and the need for people who can analyse and interpret this data is also on the rise. Therefore, you will take the following courses:
- Intermediate Statistics I
- Qualitative Research
- Intermediate Statistics II
For more information about these courses, please consult the EUC Course Catalogue.