Current facets (Pre-Master)
For every student of Erasmus University College (EUC), the final part of their studies will be the capstone. The capstone is a research based project that can take on different forms, depending on a student’s major and preferences.
An economics and business major might for instance be interested in doing an internship. And a life sciences major capstone could include doing research in a laboratory at the Erasmus Medical Center.
The capstone is the way for students to show that they have acquired sufficient knowledge and skills in their chosen field, and that they are confident enough to put these skills into action. While the capstone is an individual project, students are supervised by academic staff, ensuring that they have support when it’s needed.
Below you can find some titles of capstone projects written by EUC students:
- Analysis of large-scale calcium imaging data from cerebellar lobules V and VI (Minke Pater; Pre-Med)
- The Association between the Intake of Sugar-Containing Beverages with Detailed Measures of Adiposity in Late Childhood: The Generation R Study (Lea Dibong; Biological Aspects of Public Health)
- Female Citizenship in the Netherlands: A Question of Participation (Janna Goijaerts; Philosophy, Politics & Economics)
- Reconciling the Western European and Early Chinese Conceptions of Freedom (Nienke Ernstsen; Philosophy)
- Politico-Economic Integration: Reassessing the Theory of Economic Integration in the Context of European Integration (Coel Thomas; International Relations & Political Sciences)
- The Road to Neighbourhood Inequality is a Two-Way-Street: Meanings of Community Life in a Poor Neighbourhood in Chile (Camila Soffia; Sociology & Urban Studies)
- Finance and economic growth in CEE countries: Banking sector and stock market development relationship (Radu Cracan; Economics & Business)
- The Effects of Ethical Marketing on Business Profits: A research into in what ways adopting ethical marketing practices towards consumer well-being can increase business profit (Maud Paulis; Business)