To make optimal use of the facilities of EUR for following online education and taking online exams, you need:
- A laptop or desktop computer with webcam, microphone and speaker.
- A good internet connection. The minimum requirements for this connection are 1.5Mbit/s upload, 10Mbit/s download and a ping under 25ms. If you don't know what speeds your internet connection has, search 'internet speed test' to see if your internet is fast enough.
- Chrome web browser (available as free download from Google, available in most countries) – is required for online exams.
- For some courses you need additional software. In due time the faculty will inform you.
- A quiet study place.
All facilities also available on campus
If it is not possible for you to organize these facilities at home, you can use the facilities on campus free of charge. Due to Corona restrictions, these amenities are limited.
On campus Woudestein you can use a desktop computer in one of the PC rooms (silent study spaces). In addition, you can use free WiFi anywhere on campus with your ERNA (Erasmus Remote Network Access) ID.
If you experience technical problems in using one of the EUR platforms, please contact the Service Desk via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 010 – 408 88 80.
Other ICT facilities
On campus you can also use the following facilities (fee will be charged):
At home, after you have received your ERNA ID, you can use:
- eduVPN for a secure internet connection
- Microsoft Teams
- Free software for your studies, such as Atlas.ti, STATA, Scientific Workplace and SURFdrive
- Discount on software via Surfspot.nl