Personal branding & networking
Current facets (Pre-Master)
Achieving ambitions, obtaining projects and assignments, finding work, performing well and keeping it fun. This requires you to know people, find them and be found, but most of all to be noticed. Would you like to be noticed by people from your field, in your work environment or on the labour market? Would you like to learn how to profile yourself successfully and to be able to network easily? In this training you learn how to network more consciously. You start by stating your added value and ambition. You then learn how to communicate clearly and effectively about yourself in an interview, during your work and on social media.
Objective and outcome
After completing the training course:You will be more aware of your added value, your personal ‘brand’
- You will have determined the target group through which you want to be noticed, your ‘market’;
- You will know how you can approach the target group and how you can profile yourself, your ‘marketing’;
- You will be able to present yourself in a distinctive way (pitch)
- You will know how to expand and use your network and will be able to hold relaxed networking discussions
- You will know how to use your pesonal ‘brand’ in for instance your CV and social media
- You will have produced a Branding & Networking plan
At the moment there are no dates available. If you are interested, please contact TOP.
|Times:||9.00 - 16.30 & 9.00 - 13.00 respectively|
|Costs:||The training is free for EUR staff. For employees of EUR Holding, Leiden University and Delft University of Technology, the cost is € 450 per participant.|
This interactive training alternates between theory, self-research and practical assignments. Prior to the first day you will receive a preparatory assignment and brief theory.
We will get to work on the following topics:
1st day (full day)
- Why others are successful
- Model of Personal Branding
- Clarifying your personal Brand
- Making and practising the Pitch
- First impressions and interview skills
- Networking: bringing, obtaining and sharing
- SWOT for Branding & Networking
- Your Branding and Networking - plan
2nd day (one half day)
- Reflecting on actions taken, sharing successes
- Refining Branding and Networking plan
- Resolving problems, answering questions and removing personal obstacles
Personal effectiveness: self-reflection, acting flexibly
Realisation & evaluation: entrepreneurship
Communicating & influencing: presenting, networking skills
The training will be given by Marion Miezenbeek, one of the EUR career coaches.
The training is suitable if you do know who you are, what you can do and what you want, but do notyet know how you can position yourself in a clear and distinctive way at work, in your field and/or on the labour market and you are curious as to how you can obtain more from networking discussions.
If you do not yet have an answer to the questions ‘who am I, what can I do, what do I want?’ you should first register for ‘Reflect on your Career’. If you want to obtain more from LinkedIn after the 'Brand & Network' training, please enrol for the ‘LinkedIn’ training.
After completing the training course, you will receive a certificate of participation.