Gaining a broad range of skills, rapid personal growth and challenging assignments at three different universities: sounds great, right? The two-year LDE traineeship has been the joint trainee programme of Leiden University, Delft University of Technology and Erasmus University Rotterdam (LDE) since 2014.
A total of 18 trainees are taken on each year, spread across the universities. Six LDE trainees will therefore start at each university. As a trainee, you will have the unique opportunity to fully develop both professionally and personally within an academic and dynamic working environment over a two-year period.
You will meet up with the other LDE trainees on a regular basis. For example, you will participate in peer reviews, receive one-on-one coaching and follow a training programme at De Baak training centre with your group. You will work together to organise drinks gatherings, content-related activities and a study trip in the second year. As a result, you will work and learn at the same time.
The LDE traineeship: this is what you want.
Developing yourself at three different universities.
A traineeship in Rotterdam, Leiden en Delft
We offer you a challenging trainee position at the faculty or service department of one of the universities. After your first year, you will rotate to a different trainee position where you will have the opportunity to get to know one of the other universities better.
As a trainee, you might work as a project employee or (policy) adviser in the faculty or one of the service departments, for example. You might immerse yourself in employee development, develop and test policies or focus on improving processes.
Examples of assignments in recent years:
- Research into the possibilities for a coherent programme of education and research focused on inclusion and responsibility.
- Redesigning professional development for lecturers at the LDE universities.
- Communication and organisation of the 2022 Mobility Society initiative live event.
- Developing policy on studying with a disability.
- Advising on policy preparation from a business-economic or fiscal perspective (NB: requires a specialisation in business economics or business administration).
This is a junior position for which we are seeking enthusiastic trainees who are eager to learn.
- At the start of the traineeship on 1 September 2023, you must have completed an academic Master's programme (all fields of study are welcome).
- You must have graduated no more than two years ago; a (second) Master's degree or a completed doctorate will be counted as your graduation date.
- You must have good communication skills in Dutch (C1) and English (C1).
The assignments are always for a period of one year, and it is important for you to work in a result-oriented way and to be able to meet deadlines. You must also be able to work well together with the colleagues at your workplace. You must be versatile and flexible and have the courage to step out of your comfort zone. Taking the initiative, being proactive and the ability to switch to different levels are important qualities for our trainees. You must also reflect on your own actions in your daily work and within the organisation.
A kick-start to your career as a young professional by means of:
- an unusual job with two challenging assignments at two different universities;
- a two-year training and development programme at the De Baak training centre;
- peer reviews with your fellow trainees and individual coaching;
- the opportunity to contribute to the content of your own traineeship by organising various activities;
- a trainee group to spend time with;
- a full-time position with a generous holiday arrangement (at 40 hours, you will have 41 days of holiday);
- a salary based on scale 10.0 in the first year (€2,960 gross p/m) and 10.1 in the second year (€3,098 gross p/m).
We attach great importance to diversity and strive to ensure that the workforce is a good reflection of society.
LDE trainees form a warm network
Your traineeship actually consists of various different components. On the one hand, there is your own trainee position at Erasmus University Rotterdam. In addition to your daily activities, you will regularly meet your fellow LDE trainees on campus. You will also be able to participate in the enjoyable activities of Young@EUR, the association for employees under the age of 35. In addition to your trainee life on Woudestein Campus, you will participate in the joint training and development programme with all 18 LDE trainees from all 3 universities.
Challenging academic environment
Erasmus University Rotterdam is an internationally oriented university with a pronounced social orientation in its education and research. Values that apply to EUR and that are highly valued here include boldness, curiosity, social commitment, a groundbreaking approach and striving for success.
How can I apply for the traineeship?
We have started the recruitment procedure for the 2023 LDE Traineeship! Are you interested? You can apply for this position by clicking here before 2 April, with a covering letter and CV.
If you have any questions about the course of the application process, please contact Jara van Leeuwen on 06 12 00 09 80 or email email@example.com