The Erasmus University Rotterdam is founded on February 1st 1973 and is known for her international orientation, expressed in many contacts, exchange programs and research co operations with universities abroad.
Education is not the only task of a university, though it is the one you will probably encounter the most as a first year student. All studies are divided across these faculties:
- Erasmus School of Economics (ESE)
- Erasmus School of Law (ESL)
- Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication (ESHCC)
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management (ESHPM)
- Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences (ESSB)
- Erasmus University College (EUC)
- Erasmus School of Philosophy (ESPhil)
- International Institute of Social Studies (ISS)
- Erasmus Medical Centre (Erasmus MC)
- Rotterdam School of Management (RSM)
Education and scientific research are the core tasks of the university. The education you will receive is based on that research, conducted both in Rotterdam and elsewhere. Some studies even educate you to become a scientific researcher yourself. So the focus definitely isn’t just on the Netherlands, but it’s international.
This is also shown in the educational programs: a number of studies are in English, a lot of international students follow one of these studies. Besides that, there are many possibilities for studying abroad at a foreign university for a part of your study.
Of course, you can take a look for yourself at www.eur.nl.
The study associations are linked to a specific study. As a member of a study association you can experience a lot of benefits like discounts on your books, study trips and fun parties for you and your friends. Study associations are managed by senior students, you can support them by taking place in a commission. This is also helpful to get some management experience.
EUR Career Services
Do you need some help regarding your study or career choices?
Would you like to discuss in person (one to one) your steps through university and/or your future career, or attend a workshop on job application skills?
Did you know that Erasmus University Rotterdam has its own Career Services for all EUR students? www.eur.nl/careerservices!
Our career advisors would be happy to help you and provide the following services*:
- Individual career and study (master’s) choice guidance
- Workshops on job application skills (e.g. interview, job marketing and CV) and study/master choice
- Assignments on self-assessment and personality analysis
- CV.- and LinkedIn checks
On our website you also find extensive information about:
- CV and job interview tips
- How to start your career
- How to make a study switch or study (master’s) choice:
Stay up to date and follow us on Facebook for:
- Interesting articles
- Current vacancies for internships, traineeships and side jobs.
- Updates concerning our workshops and other services
*All services are provided in both English and Dutch!