To use the tool visit dmponline.eur.nl. Below you will find more info about the different steps involved.
Go to dmponline.eur.nl and click 'Sign in with your institutional credentials'. Type in the search box or choose from the list 'Erasmus University Rotterdam', and click 'Continue'. You are re-directed to the login page for students and employees of EUR. Sign in with your ERNA email and password.
Please do not use the 'Create account' form.
To start creating your data management plan, click on ‘Create plans’ [top left of the screen], fill out the title of your research, select the primary research organization [e.g. Erasmus University], and select your primary funder [e.g. NWO, H2020, ZonMW, ERC]. If you don’t have a funder select ‘No funder associated with this plan’ and you can select alternative DMP templates such as the EUR DMP template. Click ‘create plan’ and you’re all set.
With your plan comes the default guidance by the creators of DMP online, the Digital Curation Centre. However, if you want tips and tricks specific for DMPs from the Erasmus University, you can select EUR-guidance instead. In case you are working with researchers from other universities, you can select their guidance as well.
As soon as you have created your DMP and have set your preferred guidance, you can start writing your DMP. To do so, click on the tab ‘Write plan’ in the top of your screen. You will now see an overview of the topics of the DMP. You can click on each topic and the questions belonging to that topic will show. If there is guidance available for a question, it will appear next to each question on the right. You can fill out the questions in any order you like. If you do not yet have an answer to a question, you can also write a comment, note, or reminder next to the question. At any time, you can change or delete your comment.
Often a research project involves multiple researchers. DMP Online allows you to invite your fellow researchers to contribute to the DMP. All you have to do is click on the tab ‘Share’, fill out the email-address of your fellow researcher, set permissions, and click ‘submit’.
- Read only - View the DMP, Place comments.
- Editor - View the DMP, Place comments, Answer questions.
- Co-owner - View the DMP, Place comments, Answer questions, Invite other users.
There are multiple ways to get support while writing your DMP:
1. For some questions, you will find contact details for specific support in the guidelines next to the questions [e.g. contact details for legal- or privacy-officers].
2. For general enquiries, you can click on ‘RDM enquiries’ on the top left of your screen, and your question will be directed towards the Erasmus Data Service Centre (EDSC). The EDSC staff includes members dedicated to research data management.
3. You can invite a member of the research support team from either your own faculty or from the EDSC to collaborate with you on your DMP. See ‘Working with others on your DMP’ on how to invite contributors.
Your digital DMP is stored on the servers of DMP Online. However, if you want, you can download your DMP and store it locally. This can be helpful when you want to share your (completed) DMP with others whom do not need to access DMP Online (e.g. your research funder), or when you are ready to archive your research documents when you have finished your project. Click on the tab ‘Download’, select the components you want to download and the format, and click ‘Download plan’.